Our 2-part lessons
In the first part of our lesson, pupils will be working through one exam paper and will answer the questions within a formal lesson delivered by the teacher.The teacher will be working with the pupils by delivering the lesson and by discussing the questions with them, to help guide them to understanding the questions and how to articulate an answer. Pupils will be provided with all the necessary help materials and resources they may need to answer the questions. We do encourage peer collaboration and discussion-based lessons to help all our pupils develop confidence, resilience and be fully equipped to answer exam style questions.
The second part of the lesson is called DIT (Dedicated Improvement Time). Pupils will be taken through each question one by one and will be encouraged to discuss their understanding of the question. Pupils will share their successes and improve on questions which need reflecting upon.
Why choose Tutoring Today for our 11+ familiarisation course?
- The most authentic 11+ familiarisation course available to help children understand the requirements of the exams
- Builds confidence prior to taking the 11+ exams
- Enhanced exam technique
- Provides comprehensive guidance and support for parents as well as children
- An excellent structured course to promote learning by engaging children in our classroom.
- Developed by experienced qualified teachers and school leaders who currently work in schools.
- Our welcome pack is full of free 11+ materials, resources and grammar school recommended exam paper
- Established educational centres in Croydon
- Suitable for years 4 and 5 pupils
Why choose Tutoring Today for this 11+ familiarisation course?
- The most authentic 11 Plus practice available
- Builds children’s confidence before taking the actual 11 Plus exam
- Provides comprehensive guidance and support for parents of children sitting the tests
- Developed by one of the 11+ test suppliers to numerous Local Authorities and schools
- Free familiarisation materials
- is a leading provider of 11+ tests for admissions and fair banding.